Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Karlee Sabrina!!

Gnar: Hey there Karlee!! Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with us today!! Can you tell us how you got into tattoos?

Karlee: No problem.well I've always been an artistic person, I've been drawing ever since I could hold a pencil. When I was a little girl i used to use pens to draw my own version of "tattoos" on my barbies so I guess it all started there and as I got older i got more of a passion for the way works of art can be permanently created on the body.

Gnar: That's awesome! Do you have a favorite tattoo artist?

Karlee: My boss (Teneile Napoli) of course!
Kat Von D used to be my favorite until I met Teneile. Her work is just utterly incredible! Best tattoo artist I've ever seen in my life, words cannot describe really how good she is.

Gnar: Amazing I will be sure to check out her work! What is your favorite type of tattoos? Traditional, portrait, greyscale, etc.?

Karlee: Portrait greywash.

Gnar: Excellent!! What's your take on tattooed model? Do you think they will get more popular then the average swimsuit models?

Karlee: well I already think they're pretty popular in the internet world/social site world, but I do think it's going to take a lot of time and effort to become more popular in mainstream.
i don't think John Galliano, Gucci, Alex Perry, or any other well known designer will ever use "tattooed" models. So in that sense I don't believe they will ever come close to being more popular than swimsuit models. Although to everyday people like us, they are more popular.

Gnar: I definitely agree!! Do you have any thank you or shout outs before we wrap this up?

Karlee: To my crew at Garage Ink, couldn't ask for a better team. and to all the people that support me. Thank you! :-)


Garage Ink FB fanpage:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Teneile-Napoli-Garage-Ink/121997151174180


 

No comments:

Post a Comment